February 14, 2008

Love is in the air

When it comes to V-Day, I am not as much a romantic as any other female. It’s like why pressure your self to show love in this particular day in the calendar?

On what so call a love day I am often being asked the same question year after year. “Do you have a date tonite? What’s your bf get you? Where he brings you to dinner? How many stalks of roses did you get? Bla bla bla” :Pfffhhh what’s with this ‘measurement’ question checking out whose date is spending big enough to make you feel the “winner”. What if I am dating my self? I enjoy my own company and it doesn’t make sense? Remember Carren Bradshaw on Sex on The City? She married to her Manolo Blahnik. And not only the girls but the guys too seem to force their wallet to the maximum limit. For the girl’s sake or pride sake?

I am not being a cynical. I do enjoy strolling on the beach or city lights. I would never turn down dinners, presents, chocolates or flowers. I just do not want this particular day as the perimeter of my romance. This sounds cliché but if you love someone isn’t everyday should be a Valentine’s Day?

I am not a fan for any kind of celebrations tho. And my celebration here means a real money pouring celebration. 36 roses cost 600 bucks? Hell! Just pass me the damn hard cash and I can be assured to make my self heart-contented. A Singapore flyer? No no no I can’t imagine my self stuck in that small cubicle for 40 mins just to view what? Neighbouring island? C’mon be more exciting. Like on board on hot air-ballon (pls with nice scenery) or a helicopter.

Anyway love is in the air. Receiving sms/emails little did boost my mood in spreading the love. Even the guys seem to be as much excited as the girls. Perhaps I am the alien here? In Japan and Korea the girls are more expressive to give out chocolates for the man they adore. Here we see the guys are the ones pampering the ladies. \ (^_^) /

Don’t ask me what I want for a present. I’ll start talking nonsense like having Black Valentine as my gift. It’s chopard btw. I’ll melt immediately. Guarantee! Hahaha hey at least I’m not like Fann Wong who wants a flower painting that cost S$400,000.

Well if I am to celebrate it with my other half, then preparing and cooking dinner together will be far enjoyable than any posh restaurant. Otherwise I’d love to spend the nite having dinner with my closest frens having steak at Abuba and sharing a big bar of Toblerone. Yeah guys… I miss that time and hope we can share an ice cream cake. Gelato bar with 9 scoops? *slurp*

Then I remember of my ex who don’t quite agree with my no celebration thinking and said it would be nice if we are to celebrate, we’ll have memories. Found it to be right J. You remember it well that you were damn broke for the entire month! Hahaha well maybe I was just too hardened but thanks for the effort. Hope this little memory will light up your gloomy vday. It’s a day to show love anyway (hey it doesn't come free. I'm not kiddin. I want my white teddy!) Happy Valentine’s Day! ^_~

No comments: