March 16, 2008

Big Crab and Learn Jap

The Leap Years
Genre: Romance
Language: English / Cantonese (English & Chinese subtitles available)
Cast: Joan Chen, Wong Li Lin, Ananda Mathew Everingham, Qi Yu Wu
Director: Jean Yeo

I should say this is a pretty good movie for a local movie. I wouldn't have guessed if I was not being told. The actresses are good especially Ananda the Thai leading actor (he's HOT) *lol*. Mediacorp has done a good job in choosing the supporting actress, with a real goochie babes to soothe the viewer's sore eyes.
As for the story I do not like it. It's really pathetic to be able to see "all you ever dream of" just one day in every four years. Hey even the lady who lived in the moon able to see her man once a year. And I do not quite like Raymond role. I dont feel his passion in chasing Li Ann. He can't even soothe his bride feelings when she was in doubt and asked "Why Me?". Idiot. If he knows how to make his bride feel secured and assured. I bet there is no runaway bride. What a shame. And I was frustrated too why Jeremy took god damn 12 years to finally say "I love you" (and that was in a letter). Another idiot! The story is very much a novel. Not kinda real stuff. But I like the heroine role. How she was so daring to propose a stranger, how she fall in love helplessly, how she keep in faith when everybody around her ask her to forget, how she walked off so cool and collapsed short after, how she run for her only destiny. That's how a lady should be.
Overall not a bad movie to watch. I score 3/5.

*** BIG CRAB and Learn Jap ***
The weekend was a dinner with my Singaporean high school friend and his gf. After my 2 months settling here this was my only first time to catch up with them. Sebas took us to eat Crab at Toa Payoh Lor 8. The food was really fantastic! The fried tofu, guiness pork and crabs are really good~~. The $50/pax was really worth lickin my fingers. Jess said I have 9 more dishes of crab to go. *wiping my saliva* I need to upgrade my engine.

The night was still young that we decided to go chill out at Big Splash at East Coast and we got interested in trying this bistro called Twenty Six. Is definitely a nice hang out to chit chat and sit comfortably with friends.

Twenty Six @ Big Splash, East Coast
Jess remembered that I never tried a sake before so she suggested to order a 720ml Kiku sake. A light and easy to drink sake with flowery taste. The bottle came and we had our first kampei then Jess was trying to show me the percentage of alcohol content when she realised the bottle was only 320ml! So we told the waitress about the mistake and got our first shot FREE! This bottle cost $28++. I like this sake

Another waiter came to apologize and excused themselves because all the bottles are written in Japanese so none of them can understand it. He said there are no 720ml bottles in stock (then why the hell they put so many sakes on the list). So we left with either 320ml or 500ml. We chose a 500ml sake with lemon taste that cost $50++. So this big and nice Iichiko sake came and we started drinking with adding plain cold water. This iichiko taste like whisky and really strong if you don't add water. After endless of drinking the 4 of us still can't finish the bottle. It was only when Willy felt why the previous 320ml bottle we can finish in 2 shots but this 500ml was unfinishable. There it was on the bottle read 720ml! Bang. This bottle cost $150++. Huahaha what a terrible silly mistake. We paid as we've ordered. Now they really in need to learn Jap.

I guess the four of us will not be around in this place for at least half a year. Hahaha

No comments: